Education IT Support Engineer – Southampton Based
Are you a quick thinking, motivated person with a genuine passion for delivering good customer service & problem solving?
As an IT Technical Support Engineer based on-site in Southampton, you will be providing onsite IT and customer service and will be based at various schools resolving 1st and 2nd line support issues from servers to mobile devices.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Proactively monitoring the School’s network and server infrastructure for issues and errors including log monitoring, and visual inspection of key services e.g. anti-virus software
- Responding in a timely manner to issues as logged via email or telephone, providing resolutions where possible, escalating as required
- Hardware fault diagnosis, repairing systems and working with suppliers to leverage existing support contracts to ensure equipment is operational Ensuring all business-critical software is kept up to date, as well as online services such as Office 365 and G Suite
The successful candidate will have:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT support experience including: MS Server 2012/2016 Windows 7/ 10 Office 2016 Server Administrative tools E.g Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS/DHCP Office 365
- Ability to work solo on-site
- Experience of troubleshooting a wide range of hardware/software issues: Desktops Laptops AV Equipment Switches Firewalls Web filters Email servers/Office 365 / SharePoint Web servers
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with customers of all levels of technical expertise
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
To apply for one of these roles, please complete the form and upload your CV below.