IT Service Desk – IT Operations / Infrastructure Team Lead
Priam House, Fire fly Avenue, Swindon, SN2 2EH
Infrastructure Team Lead
The main purpose of this role is to support the business in providing continuity of service and technical support to Excalibur clients ensuring that incidents, problems and changes are managed within SLA / Targets and support the company’s commitment to achieving high standards of client satisfaction.
The IT Operations / Infrastructure Team Lead will take on the responsibility for the smooth running of the overall Operations department as well as providing advanced hands-on technical based support to our customers.
Main responsibilities will be:
• Lead the IT desk day to day and deliver case management within the team
• Drive positive continuous improvements within the service desk function
• Act as a technical escalation point for IT Operations team members
• Provide hands on technical Operational / Infrastructure level support to our customers
• Ability to manage and complete a broad range of Operational / Infrastructure related changes
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in supporting customers in an MSP environment for SMB’s
• Experience of building excellent relationships with customers and become a trusted source of advice within the IT team
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, confident managing expectations
• Motivated and always dedicated to providing an excellent level of customer satisfaction
• Highly organised and efficient individual with the ability to work under pressure
• Experience working with suppliers and customers to improve processes, efficiency, and quality
• Commercially aware with the ability to identify new opportunities which benefit our customers
• Ability to understand existing support agreements and how they apply within a Service Desk environment.
Essential technical skills:
• Advanced understanding and experience working with the following technologies:
Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
Office 365 with an understanding of related apps and services
Microsoft WIndows OS 7, 8, 10
Microsoft Windows Servers 2021, 2016, 2019
Exchange 2013, 2016
Vmware and/or Hyper V
HP and /or Dell hardware
Trouble shooting and provisioning of ADSL / FTTC / Leased Lines
• Advanced understanding of general protocols and standards TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and other common network protocols and how they relate to services listed above.
• Managing wired & wireless networks, including switches, routers, firewalls
• Microsoft Security skills such as EMS, ATP, InTune (desirable)
• Microsoft (MCP) and / or relevant networking certification would be advantageous
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Excalibur will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.