Excalibur Named as Telecoms Top 3 Best Companies to Work For, UK Top 50 Best Small Companies to Work For and South West Top 50 Best Companies to Work For.
We’re delighted to announce that Excalibur Communications has been recognised as a Best Companies, UK Top 50 Best Small Company to Work For 2023. This is the first time Excalibur has been a top 50 company and marks our fifth year of securing a Top 100 accreditation since 2017. On top of this, we have been ranked third in the Telecoms Top 5 Best Companies to Work For and 34th in the South West’s Best Company to Work for 2023.
Excalibur’s Employee Engagement
A key Excalibur objective is to be ‘Famous for Customer and Partner Engagement’ (‘Partner’ referring to the Excalibur team). We’re delighted to have seen fantastic partner engagement levels over the past year:
- 19% of partners were internally promoted, including to Senior Leadership and Board positions.
- 40% of partners have completed development programme, Living Leader.
- Excalibur’s sales productivity has increased by 25%.
Speaking about the Best Companies accreditation, Peter Boucher, Excalibur CEO, said:
“We know that if our team are fully engaged, it boosts job satisfaction and inevitably, drives Excalibur forward. The Best Companies to Work For 2023 accreditations highlight our efforts in continuing to make Excalibur a great place to work. We are particularly proud to be a top 50 company and named as a top three, Best Place to Work within our own telecoms sector.”
“Alongside our culture, a key driver for partner engagement has been the implementation of a more dynamic People Plan. Spearheaded by our People Director, this plan is reviewed by our Board each month. Far from paying lip service, this process ensures that every team member is properly supported, in both their careers and individual wellbeing.”
“The results of these efforts have seen engagement continue to lift. We have never had more colleagues participating in workshops, training, company events and charity initiatives.”
What is Best Companies?
Best Companies is a national accreditation scheme that offers a true measure of workplace engagement, and has become the benchmark of employee engagement within UK business.
The Best Companies accreditation process looks at what employees have to say about their employers, workplace and environment. It reviews detailed data on company benefits policies, processes and facilities. This is alongside confidential staff surveys, including reviews of leadership, wellbeing and opportunities for growth.
Excalibur Partner Engagement Goals have been realised through:
- People Plan – Including quarterly employee reviews that track staff performance and engagement. This not only provides a great insight into individual perspectives, but also forms a picture of common feedback from across the business.
- Reward and Recognition – Excalibur are proactive in recognising their team’s achievements and contributions. These initiatives consist of monthly excellence awards, a peer-nominated ‘Kudos’ scheme, an all-expenses-paid ‘Exceptionals’ trip, and a generous sales commission structure.
- Culture – We’re proud of our open and collaborative culture. Individuals are empowered to voice their opinion, in the knowledge that their point of view is taken onboard. Having adopted a hybrid working model, we take a proactive approach to preserving our fantastic culture. As such, teams are brought together as much as possible via in-person business updates, team check-ins, and an abundance of staff events; in 2023, this has seen a World Mental Health Day event, an annual Awards Party, and a joint team challenge, raising £12,000 for local causes.
Find out more about who we are:
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Excalibur Communications (excaliburcomms.co.uk)
- Our Service Promise – Excalibur Communications (excaliburcomms.co.uk)
- Awards & Accreditations – Excalibur Communications (excaliburcomms.co.uk)