IT support is now a crucial business expenditure for most companies, regardless of sector. If your systems go down, even for a few hours, it could mean a complete halt to business and cost you dearly. But at the same time, you don’t want to be paying large sums every month for a support service that you’re not sure you’re even benefiting from. So, how much should you really be paying?
What is it you’re looking for?
Identifying an accurate figure means looking at exactly what sort of IT support you require. Here are the sorts of things your business might need:
• Data security. Either hardware or software, or both.
• Regular updates. This is a crucial step in keeping all of your software running smoothly and securely.
• Hardware maintenance. If your business is dependant on a lot of hardware, notably computers, then the chances of experience issues goes up and so do the associate maintenance costs.
• High-risk protection. If your company stores a lot of sensitive data, then you might require more advanced systems to help ward off an attack.
• Per hour services. If you’re just starting out and don’t have large IT usage, you could choose to opt for a per hour service that can be far cheaper than a regular monthly package.
How much should you be spending?
As you can tell, there is a great degree of variation in the price that you could face when you start shopping around. Many IT support firms might charge a relatively low amount, but fail to offer a service that really offers what you need in an emergency. As a ballpark figure, you might expect to pay somewhere between 4 and 6% of annual revenues on IT support.
This would include any major necessary updates each year and general day-to-day management. The best way to get a more accurate price would be to speak to an IT support specialist, such as what our team can provide here at Excalibur. We service a number of small and large companies across all UK sectors and offer flexible pricing plans that can cover your exact needs and not break the bank.
We also offer exclusive deals for small businesses, as a part of our aim to help you minimise costs and grow. . Get in touch today to find out more.